Monday, November 16, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
This is a very simple Indian chickpea (garbanzo beans) salad. In
- 1 1/2 cup soaked chickpeas or garbanzo beans or 1 canned garbanzo beans.
- 2 tablespoon grated coconut (fresh if possible)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion (optional)
- 1 table spoon finely chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 2 curry leaves (optional)
- In a pan, put the chickpeas, add a cup of water and salt and boil till it is cooked. Once it is cooked, drain all the water.
- If you are using canned garbanzo beans, open the can and pour the beans in a bowl and wash them and let the water drain.
- Heat oil and splutter the mustard seeds and the curry leaves. Pour the oil on the chickpeas (garbanzo beans).
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Serve with rice, chapati or tortilla. It can be served as a snack too.