I like okra very much. I usually don't cut them into small pieces. I just cut the bottom and the top part and saute. This recipe is very easy to make.
- 1 lb Orka (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric powder
- Wash and cut bottom and top part of okra.
- Heat oil in a medium cooking pan.
- Add mustard seed and let it pop.
- Add cumin, coriander and tumeric powders and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add okra and add salt and stir well to distribute the spices evenly.
- Cover the pan and saute okra in medium low heat for 20 minutes or until it is cooked.
Serve with rice, chapatis or tortillas.